Do you know a young person who has a passion for advocacy and wants to help in the fight to Stop Diabetes?
Then maybe you know the next National Youth Advocate!
The Association’s National Youth Advocate (NYA) position:
Is open to young people ages 14-17 years old (as of September 20, 2013) with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
Candidates should have
- Advocacy experience with the American Diabetes Association
- A willingness to speak publicly at various events
- Have working experience with social media
- Be available to travel with a parent or guardian.
The 2014 National Youth Advocate platform will be the Association’s Safe at School campaign.
Applications will be accepted online July 15 – September 20, 2013 through http://www.diabetes.org/nyaapp
- If you know a young person whom you think would excel in this position, please encourage him/her to apply.
- Spread the Word! .
Email the attached flyer / this information to your Camp and Family Link email lists, Family Teams from your fundraising events, youth ambassadors, AADE Chapters, pediatric endocrinologists, children’s hospitals, school nurses.
For more information go to http://www.diabetes.org/nya
(Be sure and read current Heather Berg’s blog on this site to see some of the many exciting Association events in which she has participated.)
If you have questions about the National Youth Advocate position or application process, please email NYA@diabetes.org