To provide additional support and education to the community, Be Covered Texas is excited to host a community event in Dallas on October 26th to provide educational information and health-related screenings and activities. The Be Covered Texas Care Fair will offer a range of family-friendly activities and services. Possibilities include medical and dental screenings, flu shots and immunizations, healthy food giveaways, direct access to local community resources, and additional health and wellness services.
Dallas Care Fair
Saturday, October 26, 2013
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m
Dallas Convention Center, Arena
650 S Griffin St.
Dallas, TX 75202
This event will feature different stations and activities, including:
1. Kids’ Corner – Children can participate in activities supervised by licensed childcare workers while parents learn about the new health law and explore other community resources.
2. Health Insurance Information – Families can learn about available subsidies and the health care options.
3. Medical Center – Attendees can receive free medical screenings, as available.
4. Community Resources – Booths will feature local community resources.
5. Story Wall– A place where attendees can share their health care stories and experiences, and tell us how we can continue to help build awareness amongst their families and friends.
6. Farmer’s Market– Attendees can complete a brief survey to receive a free bag of healthy groceries and educational information.
Be Covered Texas is reaching out to organizations, like yours, that are working to support access to health care and education and outreach activities. We are pleased to extend this invitation to you and your organization to become part of the Care Fair activities. Some of you have already signed up and we will be getting you more details soon and thank you! If you haven’t signed up, we would like to talk with you more about specific ways your organization can get involved and be a part of what we hope will be a great community event.
Be Covered Texas
firstname.lastname@example.org | 512-788-4982