Our next Volunteer Training for Speakers Bureau, Health Fairs, and Advocacy is coming up in May. You must be trained in order to volunteer in these programs.
*DATE CHANGE*: Now will be on Thursday May 8th instead of Friday May 9th, I apologize for the confusion!
Where: American Diabetes Association North Texas office, 4100 Alpha Road, Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75244 in the conference room. We are located at the southwest corner of Midway and Alpha just north of 635.
What: Volunteer Training for general outreach programs, particularly Health Fairs, Speakers Bureau, and Advocacy.
Registration info: Two parts:
- Register yourself as a volunteer at www.diabetes.org/volunteer. Type in your zip code and it should bring you to our North Texas page. Choose the “general outreach” option.
- Fill out and return the attached Volunteer Interest Form to Andrea Brashier at email@example.com no later than Monday, May 5th at 5PM in order to be confirmed for this training. This will count as your RSVP.
- If you have already done these tasks and submitted your form to me, please let me know what your RSVP is for this training byMonday, May 5th.
Lunch info: We will be providing a healthy, diabetes-friendly deli lunch. If you have any dietary restrictions please let me know.
– 10am-noon = General Volunteering, Advocacy, and Health Fairs
– 12pm = break for catered lunch
– 12:30-2 = Speakers Bureau training.
If you are not able to make this training date, we will be doing the same training on August 15th with the same timeframe. Please let me know which date you plan to attend. And tell your friends! J We love new volunteers!
Speakers Bureau info and ADA programs/events info are attached for your perusal. Should be a very dynamic and info-rich session! I am looking forward to meeting all of you in person. Any questions please don’t hesitate to ask!