Join the American Diabetes Association® Friday, October 2 in San Antonio or Friday, October 9 in Dallas for a fun workshop on how to Stop Diabetes® through Advocacy!
- Legislation that makes a difference in the lives of people with diabetes
- How to get federal and state laws passed
- Becoming a trusted source on diabetes with your elected officials
- How to have successful meetings with elected officials
- Resources available to you free of charge
- Texas-specific information relevant to diabetes issues
Advocacy is a powerful tool in the fight to Stop Diabetes® this is a great opportunity for people with diabetes and those who care for people with diabetes to learn how to be an empowered Diabetes Advocate.
Choose one of two dates:
WHEN: Friday, October 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: Plaza Club San Antonio, 100 W. Houston – Suite 2100, San Antonio, TX 78205
WHEN: Friday, October 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: 4099 McEwen Rd., Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75244
Click here to register for the Oct. 2 San Antonio training, or click here for the Oct. 9 Dallas training. There is no charge to attend this event, parking is free and lunch will be provided. After registering, you will receive information about the parking.
Please register by September 25.
If you have questions about registration or the event, email Veronica De La Garza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you on either October 2 or October 9.
Veronica De La Garza
Texas Advocacy Director
American Diabetes Association