Recipe by Robyn Webb, MS, LN; photograph by Kyle Dreier; styling by Whitney Kemp
- Makes: 1 serving
- Serving Size: about 1 1/4 cups
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Freezer Time: 4 to 24 hours
|6||oz.||plain nonfat Greek yogurt|
|1/3||cup||unsweetened almond, rice, or soy milk or fat-free milk|
|1||Tbsp.||creamy peanut butter*|
- Place the peeled banana into a resealable freezer bag. Freeze the banana for at least 4 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Remove the banana from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Slice the banana with a sharp knife and add it to a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and purée for 1 minute, until smooth but thick. Pack the smoothie in an insulated drink cup for breakfast on the go.
*For a nutty taste and fewer calories, use 2 Tbsp. of peanut butter powder.