Tools Flyer DFW 2016
By enrolling, you will receive:
- Four individual consultations with our specially trained Pharmacist
- Focus on personalized goals, nutrition, physical activity and identifying blood sugar trends
- Two A1c tests ( if permitted by state law)
- Blood pressure checks at each appointment
- Six month unlimited attendance for Living Healthy with Diabetes Group Class
- A to Z’s of diabetes: nutrition, managing blood sugar, medications, sick day management, stress reduction, and more!
- Includes a take-home workbook *Program fees currently waived for One Touch blood glucose meter users
Speak with a pharmacy team member or call 1-877-728-6655 to register!
Tuesday, May 24 | 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. | Free Course
The Stanford University’s Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshop is for adults experiencing chronic health conditions such as hypertension, arthritis, heart disease, stroke, lung disease, chronic pain or diabetes. Each session teaches coping strategies for managing chronic conditions.
Subjects covered in the workshop:
- Techniques to deal with frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Exercises for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Tips for evaluating new treatments
This free six-week course meets weekly starting Tuesday,
May 24. Learn from trained volunteer leaders, some with health conditions themselves. Set your own goals and make a step by step plan to improve your health and your life.
Click below to register or call 1-877-THR-WELL
Here’s what is coming up with Diabetes classes…
The American Diabetes Association Senior Signature Senior Olympics Event Sponsored by Smiley Dental and Orthodontics, hosted by Jubilee Park is this Friday! It is our hope that this event will inspire and motivate seniors to “Live Their Life Like Its Golden”. Please send this invite to any Senior group that would like to attend. We are looking forward to a day of Fellowship, Food, and Fun!! We still have a few vendor spots available if you would like to be a vendor.
We are need of some volunteers to help guide this day of Healthy Competition!
Date: Friday, May 20,2016
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Venue: Jubilee Park – 907 Bank Street Dallas, Texas 75223
View the invitation below!
2016 SSS Jubilee SeniorOlympics
BAPS Charities Walk Green in Dallas, Texas, boasted over 920 walkers and raised over $2,500 for the American Diabetes Association this Saturday, May 14 in Dallas. Nationally, BAPS Charities Walk Green, organized in more than 50 cities across North America, supported The Nature Conservancy’s efforts to plant and restore over 1.6 million acres of land by planting one billion trees by 2025 through their Plant a Billion Trees initiative.
In collaboration with them, BAPS Charities walks across North America, appropriately named Walk Green, will contribute to rejuvenating our dying forests by helping plant over 70,000 trees in 2016.