Tuesday, May 24 | 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. | Free Course
The Stanford University’s Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshop is for adults experiencing chronic health conditions such as hypertension, arthritis, heart disease, stroke, lung disease, chronic pain or diabetes. Each session teaches coping strategies for managing chronic conditions.
Subjects covered in the workshop:
- Techniques to deal with frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Exercises for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Tips for evaluating new treatments
This free six-week course meets weekly starting Tuesday,
May 24. Learn from trained volunteer leaders, some with health conditions themselves. Set your own goals and make a step by step plan to improve your health and your life.
Click below to register or call 1-877-THR-WELL