Wednesday, July 6 | 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. | Free Course
The Stanford University’s Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshop is for adults experiencing chronic health conditions such as hypertension, arthritis, heart disease, stroke, lung disease, chronic pain or diabetes. Each session teaches coping strategies for managing chronic conditions.
Subjects covered in the workshop:
- Techniques to deal with frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Exercises for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
- Tips for evaluating new treatments
This free six-week course meets weekly starting Wednesday,
July 6. Learn from trained volunteer leaders, some with health conditions themselves. Set your own goals and make a step by step plan to improve your health and your life.
When: Starts Wednesday, July 2, 2016 from 9:00AM to 11:30AM
To register or learn more about this event or other upcoming health and fitness courses or events offered at Texas Health Resources, contact our Call Center toll-free:
Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.